The second dress that I made for Ms. Sharon was McCalls 6553 - part of their Fashion Star range. This is quite a fun pattern - another very easy one to sew, and would a fabulous summer dress.
I used a cotton fabric that I bought last year for making a shirt. It has woven stripes on it and is rather lovely!
I lined the dress with Bemberg and a touch of lace on the bottom hem. As you can see, I faux flat felled the seams - including the princess seams on the front.
The back of the dress has a large pleat and there is a simple button a loop closure - I put the button on after these photos, so if you look closely you may see a pin holding the back closed!!
The dress has pockets in the side seams and a belt made out of self
fabric that cinches just the front of the dress giving it a 1920's kind
The only problem with this is the front neckline. For some reason, it drags when it is on Netty - so until Ms. Sharon tries it on, I won't know for sure if that is a problem.
Again, I am happy with the construction of both of these dresses, but I am slightly nervous about whether they would fit or not. Whilst I am not an expert on fit - I am certainly getting better, and I am just hoping that these look good!