Here is the jacket that I finished this jacket last weekend, and just so that you know, I was going to take photos outdoors, but as it was -25c outside (-34c with the windchill. Seriously, who cares about another 9c when it is this cold??!), I thought that I would just show you outdoors, and take the photos indoors!!
Now, onto the jacket details! I used Simplicity 2482, a simple dressing gown/jacket pattern. I liked the high collar, zippered opening and big pockets. I used some fleece that I bought in the sales on New Years' Day - about $7/m, and it used less than suggested on the envelope.
I wanted to share a quick photo of how I marked the location for the pockets on the jacket fronts - as the fleece is so thick, tailors tacks would be hard to add accurately, so I used thread to mark the corners:
It actually worked out really well, and the pockets went on very easily.
I know that the color of the fleece is a bit 'blah', but it will work really well as a neutral - look how great it is with these scarves I made.
The only changes I made to the pattern were to shorten the length by a couple of inches (I think that I must have bought a slightly shorter zip that I should have), and I used 'fold over' Lycra edging for the cuffs and bottom of the jacket - I used black, and I think it ties in nicely with the zip.
If you would like to see the PatternReview - take a look here!